Motorcycle Accident Injury Settlements
How Much is My Motorcycle Injury Case Worth?
As Denver motorcycle accident attorneys, one of the first questions our clients ask is how much their motorcycle injury case is worth. We get it; it is natural for people to ask such questions as they evaluate their situation in an attempt to get their life back to normal.
Most cases we handle are private, so we cannot disclose settlement details and how much money clients receive. We can, however, point you to Thomson Reuters Jury Verdict Research where you will see that in Colorado the average payout for a motorcycle accident is about $74,000.
Variables to Consider with Motorcycle Injury Cases
While $74,000 is about average, that is not always the case. There are a lot of variables that go into determining how much a motorcycle accident case is worth and how much you could potentially get. The first thing to consider is fault. The at-fault driver and their insurance company could owe damages to cover your economic and non-economic losses. These can vary widely depending on the case, but there are a variety of damages you could be awarded, including:
- Loss of income from work
- Loss of future earnings
- Past and future medical expenses as a result of the motorcycle accident
- Pain and suffering such as emotional trauma
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
The list can go on and on, which is why settlements can significantly vary.
Colorado Motorcycle Damage Caps
The good news is, that Colorado does not cap economic damages. These damages include lost income and medical bills.
However, Colorado does set limits on non-economic damages at $540,000. This limit is for such things as pain and suffering. But, with convincing evidence, non-economic losses caps can be higher. Again, that will largely depend on your case and the availability of compelling evidence.
If a loved one died as a result of someone else in a motorcycle accident, there are other damage cap factors. You can collect damages for:
- Wages, compensation, and social security that would have been provided by the deceased if the accident had not occurred.
- Funeral and burial
- Medical expenses the deceased incurred as part of their accident treatment before their death.
- Any other benefits, such as life and medical insurance, the deceased may have provided if their death had not occurred.
What You Can Get for A Motorcycle Accident Case
Understanding what you can get if you, or someone you know, is injured in a motorcycle case will vary. To get a better feel for a potential settlement will require you to consult with an attorney who understands the nuances of Colorado motorcycle accident law. Call us at 303-372-6145 or schedule a free case consultation online. Again, our job will be to help you make an informed decision about your case. While a windfall settlement would be nice, our number one priority is simply helping you get your life back to normal as much as possible.
- Where Do Most Motorcycle Accidents Happen? - July 25, 2022
- Can I Get Workers’ Compensation after a Dog Bite Attack at Work? - July 5, 2022
- How to Choose the Safest Motorcycle Helmet - June 29, 2022
Motorcycle Accident Consultation
If you have been injured, at no fault of your own, in a motorcycle accident and need help, please let us know. We offer free consultations to help you get your life back to normal. Fill out the form, or call 303-372-6145 to speak to an attorney.Schedule Today